Max A. Sass & Sons Funeral & Cremation Service
Funeral / Cremation
Available 24 hours a day at 262-679-1560
Janesville Rd, turn south onto Westwood Drive
The Max A. Sass & Sons Funeral Home was founded in 1937, while the country was still in the grip of the Great Depression, by Max and his wife Helen. Max was a foreman on the tractor line at the Allis Chalmers Co. working third shift. For years Max worked the manufacturing job all night as he struggled to build his funeral business. Helen covered for Max when he was at his second job while she raised their three children Pat, Jim and Judy.
Through community involvement and a strong commitment to the families he served Max began to develop an excellent reputation and along with it a growing customer base. Through the ensuing years the business remained a true family enterprise. In 1960 Max's son Jim began working at the funeral home. In 1967 Max's son-in-law Marv Kremski joined the firm and son-in-law Don Edwards handled bookkeeping duties beginning in 1976. Grandsons Steven Sass and Mike Kremski started in 1985 and 1988 respectively. The funeral home continues to be family owned and operated.
In 1978, the Max Sass realized his dream of opening a second location, the Greenridge Chapel which is located on south 60th St. and W. Layton Ave in Greenfield. The Mission Hills Chapel located in Franklin at 89th and Drexel at Loomis Rd. opened in 1994. In 1995 the firm bought an existing funeral home in Muskego and after extensive renovations opened at the end of March of that year.
Through our growth we have been able to provide our services to the entire metro Milwaukee area as well as its suburbs. If one of our locations is not convenient we will come to you. We are able to arrange custom services at your church or at a cemetery chapel. It is our goal through flexibility and attention to detail to provide our client-families with the type of service that best suits their individual wants and needs.