Job Description: Display a positive attitude with a strong desire to perform as a team player with all divisional Sales Representatives in Strategic Business Units. Perform quantity estimates as it relates to InPro's product line from all architectural bid documents and specifications for the purpose of submitting itemized bids to obtain contracts. Perform at a consistent high level working towards achieving corporate goals and InPro’s Mission Statement.
1. Must be team orientated to SBU and Divisional reps, providing support as necessary to meet the
need of the customer.
2. Interact positively and professionally with all internal customers/departments
3. Review all project bid documents as required to complete a takeoff.
4. Review addenda and note any changes on the quantity takeoff noting all addenda by number and date.
5. Submit RFI to Sales Rep to clarify any discrepancies found within the documents.
6. Prepare any qualification and/or exceptions to plans and spec to be recorded in job folder.
7. Utilize all internal departments to clarify product information, intent of drawings and understanding of specifications to help in the elimination of errors.
8. When requested by Sales, prepare shop drawings in AutoCAD to clearly and accurately portray the product locations and installation requirements.
9. Make effective decisions in a timely manner to satisfy both internal and external customers
10. Schedule pre-bid meetings on large jobs with the sales rep prior to starting the take-off.
11. Assist in training new employees in performing the Estimating take offs.
12. Monitor work related issues that may place restriction on job performance and notify Manager with a possible solution to remedy the problem.
13. All other duties as assigned.
¨ Solid knowledge of InPro products
¨ Clear and effective communication skills both internally as well as externally.
¨ Good oral and written communication skills.
¨ Good Judgment
¨ Personal Development
¨ Maintain a professional positive demeanor with both internal and external customers.
¨ Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
¨ Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
¨ Minimum two year degree from an accredited college or university.
¨ Previous estimating or blueprint-reading experience.
¨ Self starter who is capable of working independently and as a team.