Receiving Lead Full Time
Do you enjoy working in a retail setting? Do you have an eye for detail and accuracy and love being a subject matter expert and collaborating with others? If so, this may be the perfect role for you!
The Receiving Coordinator will serve as the subject matter expert for all things related to incoming freight. This role will oversee all receipts coming both directly from our vendors and through our company distribution centers. The role will be responsible for overseeing all receiving operations.
- Responsible for accurately receiving all inbound freight in a detailed and timely manner to ensure it is available for stocking by the Logistics Team.
- Act as the main point of contact for inbound and outbound freight.
- Responsible for the overall organizational integrity of the receiving area.
- Train & coach team on receiving processes. Plan and prioritize the receiving team’s daily activities & assign daily roles.
- Responsible for ensuring Return to Vendor/Return Processing is completed.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are met or exceeded.
- Provide input to Logistics Manager to evaluate team performance.
- Assist Logistics and Yard Teams as needed based on business needs.
- Work in tandem with the Inventory Control Team to investigate any inventory inaccuracies that may be related to item receipts.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of retail logistics or warehouse/logistics supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to be certified to operate a forklift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build teammate relationships in an environment of fast change.
- Must be able to direct and motivate a diverse population that includes full-time and part-time Team Members.
- Demonstrated ability to act decisively, implement solutions, multi-task and respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.