Quality Control Inspector 2nd shift
THIS JOB IS LOCATED AT: W160 S6609 Commerce Drive, Muskego, Wisconsin 53150
Northern Gear & Machining is seeking an experienced Quality Control Inspectors for 2nd Shift to collaborate with a team dedicated to the success of our customers. The scope of this position is to assure consistent quality of production by validating processes, providing documentation, and assisting production employees with proper procedures. Experience with Metals Machining & Manufacturing preferred.
- Conduct floor audits with production employees to ensure quality compliance and accurate data recording.
- Inspect products using gauges, coordinates measuring machine, scales, oscilloscope, and vision prior to shipment.
- Gage Calibration.
- Inspect incoming raw material.
- Conduct Internal Audits to determine conformance to ISO9001:2015 standards.
- Conduct final/dock audits of product shipping to customers.
- Assist with the implementation of SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) and JWI's (Job Work Instructions).
- Ensure timeliness on 1st piece inspections.
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Control function in a machined metals manufacturing environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure quality and delivery requirements are met.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to the organization.
- Willingness and desire to be on the shop floor working with production machinists in a support role
- Demonstrates attention to detail and thoroughness.
- CMM experience a plus!
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Database Software, and Order Processing Systems.
Our Facility is Air Conditioned and we include 1 week of vacation upon hire!
** Pay based on experience** There is a $1 shift premium for 2nd and 3rd shifts
Northern Gear and Machining is a full-service machining company based in Southeastern Wisconsin that produces precision machined parts, geared components, and related assemblies to the OEM industry. For over 70 years, Northern Gear and Machining has been able to provide their customers outstanding service with quality products, cutting edge-technology, and on-time delivery.