Banquet Servers set up banquet table linens, place settings and center pieces; serve all food and beverages and clear away all dishes and table linens in a professional manner and in compliance with company policies.
Banquet Servers Responsibilities:
- Sets up all banquet function table linens, china, silverware, glass ware, and center pieces, waiting and beverage stations, and perishable items for banquet service (such as bread, butter, and cream etc.).
- Serves all food and beverages to banquet guests.
- Clears away all dishes and items used in the service of a banquet, including the linens.
- Ensures the proper storage of all items from equipment to perishable foods.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Prepares for future banquets by folding napkins, filling condiments (if needed) and performing other duties required.
- Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain atmosphere, cleanliness and staging of the back kitchen area and front dining area (when applicable).
- Participate in a culture that is based on positive attitude, open communication and conversation that promotes team building, a rewarding atmosphere and a high level of morale.
- Communicate with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
- Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Move and use hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and/or equipment.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays, water etc.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience None required.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift and carry items such as food trays and equipment and perform other duties needed.
Must be able to lift-up to 20 pounds at times.
May work long hours, weekends, evenings, and holidays.