Seasonal Tax Preparer
Brew City Accounting and Tax is a small accounting and tax firm that is growing and we are looking for an awesome, detail oriented, individual! We want a team member good with numbers and task management to grow with us!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file tax returns for individuals and possibly corporate, partnership and other types of returns (depending on experience).
- Gather necessary documentation from clients to complete tax forms accurately.
- Calculate taxes owed or refunds due based on current tax laws and regulations.
- Provide exceptional customer service by answering client questions and addressing concerns.
- Support interns to learn more about taxes and fellow professional tax preparers.
- Perform tax research and learn tax laws.
- Willingly incorporate new ideas and procedures into daily work.
- Readjust priorities quickly as situations dictate or to meet the needs of others.
- Other functions that maybe needed.
- CPA or EA is preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of tax return preparation experience
- Strong analytical skills to enable effective decision-making
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- $21-$30 an hour plus 401k and potential bonus.